Corrosion and methods for Corrosion Protection TX00BQ09-3005 28.10.2019-20.12.2019 5 credits(MATPI18, ...)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
The student understands the electrochemical fundamentals of corrosion phenomena, identifies corrosion types and comprehends the mechanism of corrosion types.
The student can evaluate if a structure has been well designed considering corrosion prevention.
The student can draw conclusions how different environments affect to corrosion rate and can choose proper corrosion prevention means for different environments.
The student can perform corrosion measurements and analyze corrosion cases.
1. The student can name the basic concepts of corrosion and connect them into corrosion phenomena
2. The student can identify and list various corrosion types
3. The student can name methods of corrosion prevention and describe their applications
1. The student can determine how corrosion elements affect to corrosion rate
2. The student can solve practical corrosion problems by the knowledge of corrosion types
3. The student can compare different corrosion prevention methods and choose the best ones
1. The student can explain corrosion phenomena using corrosion cell model
2. The student can compare the behavior of different materials in various corrosion environments and can propose solutions for material selection
3. The student can design the best methods for corrosion prevention considering different corrosion types and various corrosion environments