Recommended reading for learning assignment:
- Hämäläinen ym (2017) Mielenterveyshoitotyö
- Kiviniemi ym. 2007. Minä mielenterveystyöntekijänä. Helsinki, Edita.
- Holmberg ym.2008. Tämä potilas kuuluu meille. Sairaanhoitajaliitto.
- Partanen ym. 2017 Päihdehoitotyö
Supervision of workplace training, individual tutorials
Continuous assessment, employer feedback
Tuition in Finnish
22.10.2018 - 02.12.2018
12.03.2018 - 25.03.2018
(2016-2018) Clinical Nursing and Emergency Care
Pirjo Roivas-Mäkinen, Ritva Väyrynen, Kari Hyvärinen, Marianne Sipilä, Anna O'Sullivan
Mental health and substance abuse nursing fields only.
- Two clinical practices must be completed as required by the curriculum.
- Grades for previous courses must be registered.
- The student must make sure that all the prerequisite courses have been completed successfully before the beginning of the theoretical studies.
- If the student has not completed all the prerequisite courses, the clinical practice is postponed to a later time (and the student is referred to his/her tutor to update the individual study plan).
- To be able to start the clinical practice, the student must have completed the theoretical course Nursing of Clients with Mental Health or Substance Abuse Problems and Interaction as well as the medical calculations, or, alternatively, the student must have attended the theoretical studies without yet completing the exam.
Degree Programme in Emergency Care
Total hours in Practice 240 hours.
Learning assignment 1 credit.