Methods in Research Based Development Work K000CI24-3004 07.09.2018-10.05.2019 5 credits(K0918S6)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
Upon completing the course, the students can:
• Recognize working life development needs
• Define the goals of research-based development work and versatile methods and know the requirements set for the Master’s thesis
• Select the most appropriate development methods to execute one’s own project
• Plan the development project and guide co-operative development processes
• Acquire information to support the development project
• Write the final thesis applying the method of process writing
• Acquiring information and building a konwledge base
• Research-based development methods
• Collective methods for producing ideas
• Peer feedback
• Producing information on development projects
• The students know the fundamentals of the research-based development work and can apply at least one development work method.
• The students can build a knowledge base for the development project and master process writing.
• The students recognize the key co-operation partners related to one’s own development project.
• The students recognize the development goals in the field and can both execute and assess a research-based project together with key partners.
• As a result of the development work, a description and analyses are made regarding the way of operation, product or service that is useful for the target.
• The development work is well reported.
• The students recognize the key development targets in the field and can both execute and assess the research-based development work together with key partners.
• As a result of the development work, a new course of action, product or service, which will genuinely develop the subject.
• The produced information is reported in a clear manner according to the rules of academic writing.